Thursday, February 4, 2010

Envelopes and Answered Prayers

So I Friday I went and did some shopping… I bought all kinds of baby necessities like soap/shampoo, lotion, wipes, bottles, etc. I also got some fun wooden puzzles and other toys at some consignment shops. I had been saving my Christmas money and left over cash from other envelops for baby stuff. I had a blast gathering these items and was shocked to find that after all the purchases there was still enough cash left in the envelope to purchase a car seat!

Over the weekend I hibernated because of snow and illness and it was Tuesday morning before I realized that the envelope was missing. I was 100% certain that with all of the excitement on Friday when I got home to put the things that I had purchased in the baby room that I had put it in some strange place. When I got home I tore the house apart looking for it and could not find it anywhere. I finally determined that it must have fallen out of my purse in the parking lot at Western Heights on Monday when I was putting my keys away. Yesterday when I got home I was rummaging around looking for it, trying to tell myself that it was ok if someone else needed to be blessed by it when I found the receipt from Target. For some crazy reason I decided to put my pride aside and just ask if by chance an envelops containing over $100 was turned into lost and found.

I was shocked to hear that it was turned in, in asking I just stated that it was a First TN envelope and the lady on the other end of the line confirmed that it had cash in it. She put me on hold for 10 minutes while the manager searched for it, only to come back to say they couldn’t find and recommended that I call this a.m. to see if Jerry knew where it was. I spoke to Jerry and he knew nothing about it and looked everywhere he knew to look only to call me back as I was walking into the Dr. office to say he couldn’t find it!

Needless to say I was a bit flustered and it was noticeable! I was filling the doc in on the details of our journey to becoming foster parents and she asked what else was going on… she could tell something just wasn’t right so I shared with her the story of my envelope and how I was just trying to lay the frustration in the Hands of God because I knew regardless He was going to provide.

We started talking car seats and safety features and then she reported that she had a transitional car seat that was only used a few times that she would like me to have. Tonight she is going to drop it off at our house!

I love when it’s evident that God has answered my prayer and I love it even more when it the very last way I would expect!

p.s. if any of you are looking for a good obgyn, I highly recommend Dr. Johnson at Women’s Care Group, she’s wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing!! I'm so happy for you. I had no idea you were being a foster parent. It is one of the most amazing gift you can give a child. My parents were foster parents and I can tell you I learned so much from them and my foster siblings. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete