Monday, February 1, 2010

1 down, 2 to go!

Sorry it's been so long since my last update!

As you may know we had our first home visit last Tuesday, things went well. It was not at all what I expected in that not a lot was asked of us at that time and it was more like catching up with a friend. We had every form that we could have possibly completed singed and were able to hand all of that over, the one thing that she stated she needed before scheduling our next visit was the one thing that we hadn't completed... the dreaded autobiographies!

Since then I have completed my autobiography (yesterday) but Shaun is still working on his. We set a personal goal of completing them and hand delivering them to DCS this week! Pray that with the completion of these our next two visits will be scheduled in a timely manner. Also pray for the DCS worker writing our home study, due to a co-worker in her department being on medical leave she now has a case load of appox. 50 foster and potential foster families that she is to write home studies on and support.

Good news is we have the "spare room" ready for occupancy. The crib and changing table are in place and the extra stuff is mostly gone. I still have a replica queen Anne chair in need of a good adoptive home and a set of unfinished barrister bookcases that need a foster home! We haven't really unpacked and laundered the bedding yet because I still get worried at times that they will say they don't want us to be foster parents or that we can't house infants! I also don't want it to baby ready for too long before we are even open to foster because that would be torture!

I still have things that I want to do by way of decorating and organizing and at times I find myself in there sitting and thinking about it(another reason the chair must go)but I know that for now we are in a good place!

Thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement and prayers! We can't tell you enough how much we appreciate your love and support on this journey!

p.s. I know you want to see pictures but I can't bring myself to post pictures of the work in progress. I guess if you want to see it you will just have to stop by unexpectedly!

No comments:

Post a Comment