Monday, July 5, 2010

No sweeter sound...

Right now I am listeninig to our little angle cry her self to sleep. She's full, dry and warm and so very tired! We are trying to get her used to falling asleep in her own bed; the first week or so bed time was a cinch but now she cries and fights sleep! (it really stresses Dad out but I have learned to tune it out) I'm a fan of letting her cry for a bit because I don't want to get to a point where she refuses to sleep in her on bed but at the same time if she is screaming the whole time she is in her bed she might begin to think that her room is a horrible place... oh what to do!?!

The good thing is when she wakes up in the middle of the night for a feeding she goes right back to sleep with no problem! She is still sleeping for 3 to 4 hour streches and we are alternating nights getting up with her since we are both working. (I am blessed with such a woderful husband)

We are slowly but surely getting used to our new life as (foster)parents! We have been out to dinner a few times and shopping several times and every time S has been so laid back!

It's amazing how much we love her... with wreckless abandon! I could never imagine not loving any child in our home with my whole heart but I love with parts of me that I didn't know that I had!

We are so amazed at how God is working in our lives through this little girl and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for our future!

Please pray for her birth mom, that the Lord will make Himself known in her life and that she will surrender to Him and that He will restore her to His intention for her life!

2 comments:

  1. Not a fan of crying it out. Especially at such a young age. These times don't last forever. I can promise you that. You can not "spoil" a newborn. She will be snoozing in her crib in no time at all. Pick up that sweet baby girl and love on her! Well, that's my two cents anyway. Take it or leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are really struggling with this and feel like she needs to be able to rest comfortablly in her crib, especially since she will be starting daycare next week! Trying to get her used to being content with not being held all of the time so that daycare will be successful for her.

    ReplyDelete